Advertise Here

Thread: Rooster Not Crowing

Rooster Not Crowing

I have an Favorelle Rooster who is not crowing. Should I be worried about this? I mean in once he has only done the Cockadoodledoo thing. However, it was so quiet you could not even hear it.

You are complaining he is not crowing! I think I would be rejoicing! The animals can be rather loud and obnoxious at times, but I think yours will probably crow when problems arise and he needs to take care of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynefire View Post
    You are complaining he is not crowing! I think I would be rejoicing! The animals can be rather loud and obnoxious at times, but I think yours will probably crow when problems arise and he needs to take care of them.
    I am with Waynefire on this one. I don't think I'd be upset if my rooster wasn't crowing at the crack of dawn. When he finds his voice you may be wishing he hadn't.

I agree with the others on this one, people would give their right arm to have a crowless rooster. Hey, maybe you could start to breed them from him and sell them to other people, they would love buying a rooster that didn't kick up a fuss. Sometimes, if there's another rooster that is more dominant and crowing all the time, the other won't bother.

I, too, agree with what everyone else is saying. I personally would be very happy not having to wake up to that sound every single day, haha. If it goes on for a very long period of time you could always have a vet look at the rooster to see if it is OK. But, I think your rooster would show other signs if it was sick or something was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynefire View Post
    Lmao so true. Well, it's only funny as long as nothing is actually wrong with the rooster.

How early in the morning do they start crowing? Right at sunrise?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshD1990 View Post
    Lmao so true. Well, it's only funny as long as nothing is actually wrong with the rooster.

How early in the morning do they start crowing? Right at sunrise?
    It's been awhile since I've lived anywhere with a rooster (over 30 years), but yes, sunrise seemed to be the time. Personally, listening to a rooster crow at 4am is not really on my To-do List anytime soon. If I had to be up at that time it would be different, but I don't so I think it would become rather annoying very quickly.

Somehow, be sad. it is because the rooster is not doing what he supposed to do. There maybe a problem on the part of the roosters health.

It's the first time that I heard of a rooster that doesn't crow! There has got to be a problem with it. Did you check it with the vet or something?

I wouldn't worry too much. I think in time your rooster will begin crowing on his own terms. By the way, how old is your rooster?